One-pot meals are a cook’s dream. Simply toss the ingredients together, stir the pot occasionally, and serve. Could not be easier.
- 2 Teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion medium; chopped
- 1 green pepper medium; chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic chopped
- 1 Can Diced Tomates 14.5-ounce
- 2 Cups Corn fresh or frozen
- 1 Can Vegetable Broth low-sodium
- 2 Teaspoons Chilli Powder
- 2 Teaspoons oregano dried
- 1 Can black beans 15-ounce; drained and rinsed
- 1 Can Red Beans 15-ounce; drained and rinsed
- 8 Tablespoons sour cream fat-free (optional)
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, corn, vegetable broth, chili powder, oregano, and beans. Stir well.
- Cover and simmer until thoroughly heated, about 15 minutes.
- Spoon into 8 bowls. If desired, top each bowl with one tablespoon of fat free sour cream and serve with whole grain rolls.
- Cut this recipe in half to save money
Nutrition Info and More
Serving size: 1⅓ Cups
Total calories: 201
Total fat: 2 g
Saturated fat: <1 g
Carbohydrates: 38 g
Protein: 11 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sodium: 489 mg
Share this Recipe