Looking for a healthy snack for game day? This Layered Black Bean Dip is colorful, wholesome and tasty. Kids in the kitchen can help with the mashing, mixing, and layering. Paired with veggie sticks or baked whole wheat tortilla chips, this is recipe is a winner!
- 1 can black beans 15 ounces, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup salsa thick and chunky
- 1/2 cup sour cream light
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese reduced fat, grated
- Mash beans and mix with onion powder, dried oregano, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Spread on a serving dish.
- Top with salsa, sour cream, green onions and grated cheese.
Serve as a dip for raw vegetables such as celery, carrot sticks, and pepper slices.
Source: Cornell Cooperative Extension of Onondaga County, Good Food Cookbook
Share this Recipe