This parmesan-crusted fish is topped with mushrooms, green onions, and garlic. It’s the perfect heart-healthy meal to cook for a loved one.
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese non-fat, grated
- 1/3 tbsp flour all-purpose (1 tsp)
- 1 tsp thyme sprigs leaves removed and crushed
- 4 fish fillets white fish, 6 ounces each
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup green onions finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cheese, flour and thyme in paper bag.
- Individually coat fish by gently shaking in bag; discard coating ingredients.
- Place fillets in baking pan on rack. Bake for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms, green onions, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are tender. Season with ground black pepper.
- Serve baked fish topped with mushroom mixture.
- Atlantic cod fillets used in nutrition analysis.
- Suggest serving over pasta or rice.
Source: ONIE Project - Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education
Share this Recipe