Start your day with this classic breakfast recipe and serve it with fresh or canned fruit.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup non-fat milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- syrup or other toppings optional
- Preheat the griddle over medium heat, or set an electric frying pan at 375 degrees.
- Put eggs, milk, and vanilla in a pie pan or shallow bowl and beat with a fork until well mixed.
- Grease the griddle or pan with a thin layer of oil or use nonstick spray.
- Dip both sides of bread, one slice at a time, in the egg mixture and cook on the hot griddle or frying pan.
- Cook on one side until golden brown. Turn the bread over to cook the other side. It will take about 4 minutes on each side.
- Optional: serve with syrup, applesauce, fruit slices, or jam.
Source: University of Wisconsin, Cooperative Extension Service, A Family Living Program
Share this Recipe