This recipe combines traditional leafy greens with cabbage, garlic, and onions for a savory side dish that’s packed with flavor and nutrition.
Mustard or Collard Greens
about 1/2 pound, rinsed, stems removed and coarsely shredded
1. Rinse greens, remove stems, and tear in small pieces.
2. In a large saucepan, boil 3 quarts of water.
3. Add mustard greens, return to a boil and cook 3 minutes. Add cabbage and cook 1 more minute. Drain in colander.
4. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and sauté garlic and onion until light brown, about 3 minutes.
5. Add greens and vinegar and cook briefly, about 3 minutes. Serve hot.
Food and Health Communications, Inc., Cooking Demo II, p.166